In this article, we’ll take a look at the best lithium battery for survivalism. We’ll discuss the two types available and we’ll also take a look at their features.
While the general subject of survivalism isn’t talked about much, we can’t deny that it’s one of the more important subjects.
Batteries—rechargeable and disposable alike—are some of the most essential things for survival. After all, they’re a great help in making smaller gadgets work. Two-way radios are a great example.
- 1 Best Lithium Battery for Survivalism
- 1.1 1. Energizer Ultimate Lithium
- 1.2 2. Energizer Recharge Universal AA Batteries
- 1.3 3. AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Performance Batteries
- 1.4 4. Soluser AAA Rechargeable Batteries
- 1.5 5. Bevigor AA Lithium Batteries
- 1.6 6. Tipsun AA Lithium Batteries
- 2 Best Lithium Battery – Rechargeable Lithium Batteries vs Non-Rechargeable “Primary” Lithium Batteries
- 3 Best Lithium Battery – Conclusion
Best Lithium Battery for Survivalism
Having established the importance of batteries, let’s talk more about lithium batteries and reveal which ones are the best in the market.
First off, though, you need to know that lithium batteries come in two types: rechargeable and non-rechargeable. The latter are also referred to as primary batteries.
With that said, let’s discuss the top picks for both types down below.
1. Energizer Ultimate Lithium
- 12 Pack of Energizer Ultimate Lithium [AA] Batteries
- Energizer Ultimate Lithium is the Longest Lasting AA Battery
- Leak proof construction protects the devices you love (based on standard use)
Energizer is the household name when it comes to batteries. Disposable and rechargeable ones alike, you can always rely on them to provide the best in the market.
Energizer’s Ultimate Lithium AA batteries come in packs of 2, 4, 8, 12, and 24, as well as a mega pack of 48. It has a very long shelf-life, keeping its charge for about 20 years.
They also have a C and D sizing option and a 9V option if you want to buy batteries for your smoke detectors.
- Has a long shelf-life of 20 years
- Comes in a variety of packages
- Can work in extreme temperatures
- Boasts leak-proof construction
- Can be pricey
2. Energizer Recharge Universal AA Batteries
- 4 Pack of Energizer Recharge Universal 2000 mAh NiMH AA Rechargeable Batteries. Storage Temperature: -20ºC to 30ºC
- The World’s 1st rechargeable AA battery made with 4% recycled batteries. Energizer Recharge Universal batteries come pre charged and ready to go
- One charge allows you to enjoy up to 5.5 hours of toy activity or 8 hours on your handheld gaming device (results vary by device and usage)
What makes the Energizer Recharge Universal batteries very unique is that they’re made with 4% recycled batteries.
The first of their kind to use old batteries as raw material, these batteries come in packs of 4, 8, and 16.
Compared to the previous options, these might be a bit pricey. But, in this case, you’re paying for an established brand that has been around for a long time.
With these batteries, you can enjoy up to 5.5 hours of toy activity or 8 hours if you’re going to be using them in a gaming remote.
They also come with a 5-year guarantee of usable battery life!
- Environmentally friendly and made of 4% recyclable material
- Has a 5-year guarantee
- Available in a variety of sizes (AAA, C, D, and 9V)
- Doesn’t come pre-charged
- Slightly expensive
3. AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Performance Batteries
- RELIABLE PERFORMANCE: 16-pack of pre-charged AA rechargeable NiMH batteries (2,000 mAh) for professional or everyday use
- RECHARGEABLE: Can be recharged up to 1000 times with minimal power loss; provides consistent discharge performance (requires separate battery charger)
- EVERYDAY COMPATIBILITY: Works with any device that uses AA batteries, like remote controls, flashlights, clocks and more
One of the best things about AmazonBasics products is that they’re budget-friendly. In this case, the AmazonBasics performance batteries are the most cost-efficient rechargeable batteries that can be bought in bulk.
This can prove to be beneficial if you’re planning on using these batteries for survival activities. That way you can buy a reasonable amount without breaking the bank.
- Comes pre-charged
- Sold in a variety of packs (4, 8, 16, and 24)
- Performance doesn’t diminish greatly by age
- Some batteries may lose their charge quickly
- Not safe around children
4. Soluser AAA Rechargeable Batteries
Soluser’s AAA rechargeable batteries boast one of the most impressive charging cycles; they can be recharged more than 1200 times!
They also can keep their charging power for up to three years, with the retained power being around 80% by the end of the three-year mark.
- Environmentally friendly
- Has a huge recharging cycle
- Shelf-life might be inaccurate
- Some batteries may not hold the charge as advertised
5. Bevigor AA Lithium Batteries
- 【Basic parameters】— 24-pack of Bevigor lithium 3000mAh 1.5V with light weight（15g/1pc）life-span(10 years) AA batteries, perfect to power your electronic devices, remote controls and...
- 【More safety &Leak-proof】—Three-layer safety and leak-proof design. Explosion-proof valve, anti-short-circuit valve, leak-proof sealing ring. And use of spiral wound battery technology can...
- 【Wide adaptable temperature】—Performs perfectly in extreme environments . Cold resistance surpasses alkaline batteries and nickel-metal hydride batteries. Works well from -40F to 140 ° F...
Bevigor’s lithium batteries come in huge packages. That’s actually one of their strongest selling points. Bevigor’s batteries come in packs of 24, 48, and 72. This makes them a superb option if you wish to buy items in bulk and store them for survival situations.
Their lifespan might not be as impressive as Energizer batteries, though, only coming short at 10 years. They can perform in high and low temperatures, though. They also have a 3-month warranty.
- Comes in huge bulks
- Explosion and leak-proof
- Comes with a 3-month warranty
- Adaptable to extreme temperatures
- May cause some gadgets to overheat
- Not the most impressive lifespan
6. Tipsun AA Lithium Batteries
- 12 pack 1.5V 2900mAh long lasting Lithium aa Batteries, 8X longer lasting than alkaline battery.
- Tipsun lithium battery has stable performance , low self discharge rate 2% per year,locks in power for up to 15 years,
- Strong leak-proof technology protects the devices you love (based on standard use)
Tipsun’s lithium batteries come in packs of 12 or 24. While their shelf-life is a bit better than Bevigor batteries, with a shelf-life of 15 years, they’re still not on par with Energizer.
One of their unique features is that they’re significantly eco-friendly, containing no mercury or cadmium in their formula.
- Long shelf-life of 15 years
- Not as long-lasting as Energizer
Best Lithium Battery – Rechargeable Lithium Batteries vs Non-Rechargeable “Primary” Lithium Batteries
Having talked about the best lithium and primary batteries in the market, let’s talk more in-depth about the difference between rechargeable and non-rechargeable lithium batteries.
A lot can be said about the convenience of rechargeable batteries, but the one thing you must know is that only two components as to why rechargeable batteries can be utilized again and again, while non-rechargeable ones can’t.
Rechargeable batteries contain both electrolytes and electrons. The electrons in a rechargeable battery can be reversed if you supply them with extra voltage.
In a non-rechargeable battery, a galvanic discharge occurs once you use up the battery, and you can’t recharge it afterward.
Despite their slightly higher cost, rechargeable batteries are, in fact, considered some of the most popular battery options since they’re fairly cost-effective and have a high energy density compared to other types of batteries.
Advantages of Rechargeable Batteries
- Lightweight and can be easily stored
- High power density and voltage
- Environmentally friendly as you use the same batteries for a while
Disadvantages of Rechargeable Batteries
- Sensitive to higher temperatures
- More expensive than primary batteries
Non-rechargeable batteries, or primary batteries, as they’re commonly known, are single-charge batteries.
These types of lithium batteries are the ones we use in gadgets and devices like remote controls and children’s toys.
Primary batteries are readily available at any convenience store and even some grocery stores. They’re also super easy to install.
Primary batteries are considered cheap and they’re quite known to the average battery user.
Advantages of Primary Batteries
- Easy to use
- Extremely convenient and can be found anywhere
- Extended shelf-life
- Comes in a variety of different sizes for all uses
Disadvantages of Primary Batteries
- Not environmentally friendly
- Not much power and density
- Most of them are made of toxic materials
Best Lithium Battery – Conclusion
I hope this article has answered your question with regard to which lithium batteries. The best batteries in our experience are Energizer Recharge Universal AA Batteries.
Their counterparts, the Energizer ultimate lithium, are also the best.