Camping can offer tons of fun, but it’s a whole other level of comfort if you don’t have to deal with a buildup of sweat, dust, dirt, and body odor. This is where the body wipes for camping come in, providing you with an alternative to showering and hygienic practices on the go.
In this article, we’re looking at the 6 top products on the market and sharing a simple buying guide to help you make the right choice.
- 1 6 Best Body Wipes for Camping
- 1.1 1. Biodegradable Wet Wipes by SURVIVEWARE
- 1.2 2. ACTIVE Outdoor Wet Wipes by Combat Wipes
- 1.3 3. ShowerPill Hustle Clean Body Wipes
- 1.4 4. Coleman Biowipes
- 1.5 5. Really Big Body Wipes by Goodwipes
- 1.6 6. Wilderness Bath Wipes by Sea to Summit
- 2 How to Choose the Best Camping Body Wipes
- 3 Wrap Up
6 Best Body Wipes for Camping
1. Biodegradable Wet Wipes by SURVIVEWARE
- UNSCENTED WET WIPES: Clean yourself with our unscented biodegradable wipes from head to toe without being overwhelmed by a smell or attracting unwanted bugs on the trail. Our wipes are alcohol...
- IDEAL CLEANING WIPES FOR POSTERIOR PAMPERING: At some point, a “number two” is inevitable while out in the woods. The soft cloth of our biodegradable wipes will definitely help keep monkey...
- DEGRADES NATURALLY: After that number two in the woods, simply bury the body wipe and the magic starts to happen. Our camping wipes biodegrade naturally and start to decompose 28 days after use,...
One of the highest-rated options on the market, these Biodegradable Wet Wipes by Surviveware offer a reliable method to fight the sweat and dirt of camping.
The fact that they don’t carry any scent makes these wipes a crowd favorite as you can use them in multiple ways. It’s not only that smelling like a flower after cleaning your body or face isn’t something everyone wants, but certain scents could also attract annoying insects such as mosquitos.
A great thing about these wipes is that they double as toilet paper; they’re ideal for after you go number 2 and want to clean back there. Not to mention, they’re free of alcohol and suitable for sensitive skin.
Additionally, the Surviveware Wet Wipes are moistened just right to provide maximum comfort outdoors. What’s more, they’re 100 percent biodegradable, so you can bury your wipes once you’re with your business without worrying about the environment.
- Wipe — 8 x 12 inches
- Pack — 32 wipes
- Carry no scent
- A good substitute for toilet paper
- Totally biodegradable
- Pulling only one wipe at a time can be tricky if you’re not careful
2. ACTIVE Outdoor Wet Wipes by Combat Wipes
- DESIGNED WITH BATTLE-FIELD EXPERIENCE: Stay fresh & clean while on your adventures with outdoor wet wipes developed by elite military soldiers. Unlike regular wet cleaning wipes that easily tear...
- 100% BIODEGRADABLE WIPES, GREAT CAMPING GEAR AND BACKPACKING GEAR ESSENTIALS: No more carrying dirty moist towelettes around. These Eco-friendly outdoor cleaning wipes are 100% biodegradable and...
- PACKED FOR CONVENIENCE: Every one of the sanitary wipes is individually folded for single-wipe pullout. The resealable travel size pack makes the ACTIVE wipes great for hiking, rock climbing,...
A creation by elite military soldiers, the Active Outdoor Wet Wipes by Combat Wipes are made with battle-field experience to be super thorough and tough to keep you clean out in the wilderness.
Besides doing an extensive job, these wipes are completely biodegradable, which allows you to bury them after use without environmental consequences. Also, they’re vegan, alcohol-free, and contain no harsh chemicals, so they’re great if you’re looking for something gentle.
We particularly like the packaging of the Combat Wipes Active Outdoor Wipes as each wipe is folded to accommodate single wipe pullouts. We also appreciate the manufacturer’s promise that lets you return the product if you’re not happy with it – no questions asked.
- Wipe — 7.1 x 8.3 inches
- Pack — 25 wipes
- Very durable to handle tough conditions
- Gentle on the skin
- Packed to help you pull one wipe at a time
- The wipe dimensions are a bit too small for the entire body
3. ShowerPill Hustle Clean Body Wipes
- Packaging May Vary: product may arrive in bag or box. These cleansing packets leave skin feeling clean, fresh, and moisturized. Enjoy the shower feel without the shower time – so when you’re...
- Made by athletes for serious cleansing: extra thick and durable, these shower wipes dry quickly, moisturize, reduce body odor, and leave no sticky residue. Every player can save time and water,...
- For athletes, entertainers, and anybody active or on the go, you need cleansing packets that save you time and keep you clean with a light, neutral scent
Developed by athletes, the ShowerPill Hustle Clean Body Wipes are a fantastic option for campers looking to achieve some serious cleaning. These wipes are designed to rid you of tough dirt with too much scrubbing, leave your face and body fresh and moisturized via the infused aloe vera and vitamin E.
Containing no alcohol, parabens, or sulfates, these wipes use chamomile, oats, witch hazel, and grapefruit extract to provide natural, non-harsh cleansing. They’re even vegan-friendly as the company doesn’t test on animals.
We like how these body wipes dry quickly and leave no residue behind. The ShowerPill Hustle Clean comes individually packaged for easier transportation and extra sanitary use. Not to mention, they’re built to endure high temperatures outdoors.
- Wipe — 8 x 9 inches
- Pack — 10 wipes
- Highly moisturizing
- Free of sulfates and parabens
- Quick to dry
- On the pricey side
4. Coleman Biowipes
- Made of the highest quality materials
- Camp hygiene
- Another quality Coleman product
If you’re in the market for camping body wipes that’ll get the job done while being budget-friendly, then the Coleman Biowipes could be exactly what you need.
At first touch, these wipes may feel a little stiff -like damp paper-, but you’ll get used to it after a couple of applications. You’ll also be surprised at their toughness compared to other more expensive options.
What’s more, the Coleman Biowipes are 100 percent biodegradable within 3 weeks. This makes them a terrific option if you’re concerned about being eco-friendly.
We particularly like the versatility of these wipes as you can use them all over your body and even in place of toilet paper. They offer a decent amount of moisture and arrive in a compact, easy-to-reseal package.
- Wipe — 8 x 10 inches
- Pack — 30 wipes
- Budget-friendly price
- Has no fragrance
- Easy to reseal
- You may need to go through a few to clean the whole body
- Can be softer
5. Really Big Body Wipes by Goodwipes
- Shower In A Wipe: Really Big Body Wipes allow you to shower anywhere! Use them on the road, between flights, after exercise, music festivals or anywhere a shower is unavailable
- Safe and Sustainable: Goodwipes Body Wipes are 100% biodegradable, plant-based, and hypoallergenic for sensisitve skin.
- Versatile: Really Big Body Wipes will clean your face, chest, back, pits, legs, feet, and arms!
Next up is another reliable large-scale wipe, the Really Big Body Wipes by Goodwipes offers on-the-go cleaning for the whole body that effectively removes dirt and odor from the stinkiest of places.
Not to mention, it’s one of the most affordable options on our list and can last you the entire camping season!
We love the refreshing feeling that you get from these wipes thanks to the combination of natural tea tree oil, aloe, cooling peppermint, and ginseng. These wipes are also totally biodegradable and hypoallergenic to suit sensitive skin.
Although there are tougher wipes out there with more pleasant scents, the ones from Goodwipes deliver superior value for money.
- Wipe — 9.5 x 11.5 inches
- Pack — 60 wipes (6 packs of 10 wipes)
- Excellent value for money
- Hypoallergenic formula
- Wrapped individually for convenient carrying
- Not the most durable option
6. Wilderness Bath Wipes by Sea to Summit
Last but not least, we have the Wilderness Bath Wipes by the popular brand Sea to Summit. A lot of outdoor enthusiasts regard these wipes as the campsite cleansing luxury you never knew you were missing.
The wipes are made out of 100 percent compostable viscose fiber, so you don’t need to worry about their environmental footprint. They’re designed extra thick to deliver thorough cleaning without accidental tears.
The Wilderness Bath Wipes also contains aloe vera and vitamin E to soothe and hydrate your skin in harsh settings. Granted, they’re a bit expensive, but their quality is top-notch.
- Wipe — 8 x 12 inches
- Pack — 8 wipes
- Extra thick design
- High-quality viscose fiber
- Soothes and moisturizes the skin
- Expensive option
How to Choose the Best Camping Body Wipes
When shopping for the best camping body wipes, you should keep the following points in mind:
- Size — body wipes come in different sizes, so you’ll want to look for something large enough to accommodate the entire body, from face to posterior.
- Thickness — similarly, camping body wipes are available in varying thicknesses so you want something thick enough to withstand tough dirt and repeated scrubbing.
- Skin sensitivity — If your skin is on the sensitive side, you should avoid body wipes for camping that contain alcohol and other harsh chemicals. Instead, go for wipes made with all-natural ingredients to save you from itching and rashes.
- Biodegradable/compostable — this aspect is especially important to let you know if it’s safe for the environment to bury the wipes or if it’s better to dispose of them at the end of the trip in a dumpster.
Choosing the best camping body wipes can be tricky, but it beats going days without a shower. We recommend the Biodegradable Wet Wipes by SURVIVEWARE as today’s winner thanks to their large size, efficient cleansing, biodegradable design, and unscented formula.