Sleeping bags are bulky, but worth it in cold weather. Here’s a list of emergency sleeping bag options to buy to feel to home anywhere.
Sleeping under the night sky while camping in the heart of nature is a wonderful experience that everyone should try. However, it can be quite uncomfortable if you’re not well prepared.
That said, sleeping bags are a must-have item when going camping. They’re practical, compact, and allow you good sleep in any location, be it on the beach or in the mountains.
Also, it’s always a good thing to keep an emergency sleeping bag on you; you never know when you’ll need it.
Emergency sleeping bags’ main purpose is survival. They’re very light and long-lasting. They’re also easy and quick to pack. Most emergency sleeping bags are water-resistant. Most of them also flaunt whistles and other valuable and helpful survival gear.
- 1 How to Choose an Emergency Sleeping Bag
- 2 Top 5 Emergency Sleeping Bags to Suit Your Needs
- 2.1 1. SE Survivor Series
- 2.2 2. DIBBATU Emergency Survival Sleeping Bag
- 2.3 3. Delmera Emergency Sleeping Bag
- 2.4 4. Bearhard Emergency Sleeping Bag Bivy Sack
- 2.5 5. Tact Bivvy 2.0 Emergency Sleeping Bag
- 3 Emergency Sleeping Bag – Wrap Up
How to Choose an Emergency Sleeping Bag
There are many factors to consider while purchasing an emergency sleeping bag. You’ll need the perfect amount of warmth, the right size, and high build quality.
Here are some points to consider before making a purchase:
One of the essential factors to consider when shopping for a sleeping bag is size. Your sleeping bag shouldn’t be too long or too short so that you can get a good night’s sleep.
It’s also crucial to know how small it is when it’s fully compressed. This is so you can figure out how much space you’ll need for your gears.
It’s crucial to think about weight, especially if you’re a frequent hiker.
If you plan on backpacking often, buy a sleeping bag that weighs less than 40 oz. Most emergency sleeping bags, on average, weigh around 4-6 oz.
The temperature rating is the temperature at which the sleeping bag will keep you warm. Decide on the temperature of your sleeping bag based on the type of camping you intend to do.
It’s preferable to add a buffer to the temperature that is most suitable for you. The reason for this is that people have different preferences. The temperature of the bags isn’t always exact. Some people might feel colder or warmer than others.
The materials in the fillings keep the sleeping bags warm. These materials are insulators. Their role is to collect and trap as much heat as possible. Down and synthetic insulations are the two most popular options on the market.
Down insulation is very effective and light. However, it’s more expensive. Synthetic insulation fillings are far less expensive and easy to maintain. They can insulate the heat well when the sleeping bag is wet.
Top 5 Emergency Sleeping Bags to Suit Your Needs
1. SE Survivor Series
- Dimensions: 36" x 84"
- Lightweight at 5.8 oz.
- Heavy-duty aluminized PE interior material for insulation and warmth
The SE Survivor Series is one of the most popular emergency sleeping bags on the market. You can store it just about anywhere, thanks to its compact design.
This bag’s size is quite impressive because it provides room for extra items that you might need in the great outdoors. Its high-visibility orange color makes it easy to spot as well.
It’s made using a tough, tear-resistant material that’ll keep you safe. You can actually combine it with your regular sleeping bag to boost warmth and comfort. It also comes with a pouch to store items in.
- Weight: 5.8 oz
- Dimensions: 36″ x 84″
- Makes noises
- Not washable
2. DIBBATU Emergency Survival Sleeping Bag
- 【Emergency Sleeping Bags】Keep warm and Alive.Used as a survival emergency Bivy Sack, poncho, emergency shelter, Protect you from rain,wind and snow. It can be used as ground cover, sleeping...
- 【Easy to Use】Just pull out the bivy sack, unroll and climb inside.Emergency sleeping bag can be used as a sleeping bag liner to keep your body temperature.Orange is a great color for...
- 【Compact and Lightweight】This thermal sleeping bag kept in a small bag ,easy to carry and store,you can carry and store it in any place, and also you can reuse if you want.
The DIBBATU Emergency Survival Sleeping Bag is an excellent choice. It’s available in 2, 4, 6, and 8 packs, which is a terrific deal for the low price. It comes in bright orange, like many other emergency sleeping bags. Even with the rain, the color won’t fade.
In the event of an emergency, the color makes you very noticeable. They are both waterproof and windproof, making them ideal for harsh weather. It has a high heat retention rate. They are reusable, lightweight, and resilient.
- Weight: 4 oz
- Dimensions: 83” x 35”
- Water and windproof
- Good insulation
- Comes with a store bag
- Thin construction
3. Delmera Emergency Sleeping Bag
The Delmera Emergency Sleeping Bag is a fantastic piece of gear to have on hand. It comes in 3 colors, and you can also get an emergency tent if that’s something you’d like. You can buy a single one, a pack of 2, or 4.
The outside layer is mylar, while the fill material is down. It only weighs 4.6 oz, making it quite portable. They’re rip-resistant, waterproof, and windproof, making them excellent for different weathers.
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- Dimensions: 82” x 37”
- Excellent heat retention
- No proper ventilation
- Drawstring can break easily
4. Bearhard Emergency Sleeping Bag Bivy Sack
- 🐻Bearhard Tracker Series. All made of polyethylene, not the ordinary mylar on the market. In contrast, softer, lower-noise, and more tear-resistant than mylar.
- 🐻High-Performance Material. 90% heat preservation, put it in your car for emergency, keep you warm; 100% waterproof, used as a outlayer of your primary sleeping bag.
- 🐻Upgraded Bearhard Bivy. Added hood design to protect your head. The size of the bronze one is different from other colors. The enlarged bivy can accommodate two people, but still compact in...
The Bearhard Emergency Sleeping Bag comes in four distinct colors, all of which are stunning and useful. For example, the green color can hide you from danger if you’re in a place filled with greenery.
The sleeping bag is water-resistant and will keep you dry. It’s constructed of mylar and keeps 90% of your body heat for pleasant warmth.
What’s more, the bag includes a 120-decibel whistle that’s extremely handy in risky situations.
- Weight: 6.7 oz
- Dimensions: 3’ x 8’
- Great heat retention
- Doesn’t make noise
- Lifetime warranty
- Colors come off easily
- Not reusable
5. Tact Bivvy 2.0 Emergency Sleeping Bag
- Ultra Lightweight Compact Sleeping Bag: Made out of ultra-lightweight HeatEcho reflective polyester film, this thermal survival blanket sleeping bag weighs just 4.8 ounces. It also compresses...
- Made for Emergencies: The color of this light weight sleeping bag cover helps you blend or stand out into your surrounding. Plus, the HeatEcho material reflects 90% of your body's heat back to...
- Incredibly Durable: 100% WATERPROOF: For its weight and thinness, these sleeping bags will surprise you with their strength. The material ensures these sacks are tear-resistant, windproof, AND...
The Tact Bivvy 2.0 Emergency Sleeping Bag is lightweight and portable, weighing only 4.8 oz. It’s also reusable and will fit well inside your regular sleeping bag.
One of the best things about this sleeping bag is that you can tie your items down with the drawstring. You can also use it to ignite a fire.
On top of that, the bag comes with a 120-decibel whistle in this kit. With all of these features, this is one of the top emergency sleeping bags to consider buying.
- Weight: 4.8 oz
- Dimensions: 5” x 2.5”
- You can use it to secure your belongings
- Comes with a 120-decibel whistle
- High thermal resistance
- Not enough ventilation
- Thin material
Emergency Sleeping Bag – Wrap Up
Choosing the best sleeping bag for you can feel overwhelming. Weight, size, and temperature ratings are a few of the factors to consider. If you know exactly what you need the bag for, you should be able to pinpoint the ideal emergency sleeping bag with ease.
There’s a sleeping bag for just about any purpose you might have in mind. The one we’re fond of the most is the SE Survivor Series. It’s a superb well-rounder that combines practicality with affordability.