Are you ready for this Schrade SCHF9 Knife Review? When you’re compiling your prepping kit, there’s a lot that you have to consider and tick off of your list. In addition to the basic supplies, you need to survive like fresh water and food, serious items like a multipurpose knife should be given the attention they deserve.
Adding up all of the essentials that you need to be prepared can be overwhelming though, let alone costly. While there are plenty of great preassembled kits ready to go, one thing that should never be left to chance is a quality blade.
A good outdoor knife usually costs a lot, and when you add it to everything else you have to purchase for your kit the costs can really start to accumulate. Therefore, the hunt for a quality but affordable knife is something most people take on, so they have something reliable that won’t end up blowing up their entire budget.
Schrade has designed a knife for this very purpose and just like their other blades, it’s reasonably priced for everything it has to offer. We’re here to review the SCHF9 from Schrade to see if it can stack up against the more expensive competition, and when it would make a great choice for your prepping kit. So, stay tuned to learn more!
- DIMENSIONS: 18 inch (45.8 cm) overall length with a blade length of 11.9 inches (30.2 cm) and a weight of 1 lb 9.9 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 8Cr13MoV Titanium Coated High Carbon Stainless Steel with black thermoplastic elastomer handle slabs
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient black thermoplastic belt sheath making it ideal for everyday carry
Schrade SCHF9 Knife Review – About The Product
- DIMENSIONS: 12.1 inch (30.7 cm) overall length with a blade length of 6.4 inches (16.3 cm) and a weight of 15.7 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 1095 High Carbon Steel with a black, ring textured thermoplastic elastomer handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient ballistic belt sheath with removable storage pouch making it ideal for everyday carry
Schrade is a trusted brand when it comes to affordable blades and their range includes everything from axes and hatchets to folding and fixed blade knives. Although their knives are known for being budget-friendly, they never sacrifice anything in quality and that’s why they’re a great choice for people looking for an outdoor knife for their prepping kit.
Whether you’re compiling your first kit or looking to upgrade, this makes a perfect choice. It won’t break the bank. But it’s also created with premium carbon steel and a full tang construction that anyone can trust.
The Schrade SCHF9 is the number one pick of their entire collection for this very purpose. And it’s a knife that you can rely on. With the following features, it would make a great addition to any survivalist kit. You’ll feel safe knowing you have it on hand:
- 12.1” length and 6.4” blade;
- Weighs 15.7oz;
- 1095 high carbon steel blade;
- Belt sheath and removable storage pouch;
- Thermoplastic elastomer handle;
Even if you’ve never owned a knife before, the Schrade SCHF9 couldn’t be easier to use. And more comfortable to work with when you need it in an emergency. You can feel instantly that’s it a quality blade and it’d be ideal for people who don’t want to spend a lot of money just to get a good knife for their prepping kit.
Schrade SCHF9 Knife Review – What Others Say
- DIMENSIONS: Blade length: 3.8in (9.7cm), overall length: 8.4in (21.3cm), weight: 6.2oz
The price is a huge bonus considering how well it’s made and the quality of the carbon steel. It retails for around half the price of other knives created for this purpose. And if you don’t want to spend heaps for a backup blade then the price will appeal to you.
The SCHF9 knife is pretty sizable and not exactly the compact and powerful tool you want to carry around in a prepping kit. The total length is just over 12 inches so it’s bigger than most. And with a total weight of 15.7oz, you’ll definitely feel it in your backpack. If you want to travel light or prefer a more compact knife, this Schrade blade won’t suit your needs.
One huge bonus in this knife’s design is the handle. It seems Schrade has given this a lot of thought. If you end up using your knife for arduous tasks and things that normally put a lot of strain on your hands and arms, you’ll notice the comfort that this one provides. In a serious situation where you need to work quickly without distraction, this is a definite benefit.
- DIMENSIONS: 12.4 inch (31.4 cm) overall length with a blade length of 7 inches (17.8 cm) and a weight of 14.5 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 1095 Powder Coated High Carbon Steel with a black, ring textured thermoplastic elastomer handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient polyester belt sheath making it ideal for EDC
Schrade has a huge selection of knives and axes. Therefore, with more available on Amazon for people who prefer to do their shopping online. The Schrade SCHF9 is one of their best sellers and currently available for a great price of under $40. Which is half what you’d expect to pay for something of comparable quality.
Another great thing about shopping with Amazon is benefiting from their free postage. And that’s a perk that you’ll get with this knife from Schrade. Express shipping is also offered for free if you’re a member of Amazon Prime. Which means delivery will happen in just 48 hours from when you purchase.
You might even want to get a backup knife for yourself or buy one for a friend. And it’s a gift that will definitely be used and appreciated.
This knife comes with a limited lifetime warranty from Schrade, and this is something you’ll find on most of their blades. Having a guarantee shows you don’t have to spend a fortune to get a quality knife for your prepping kit. And it offers peace of mind that other brands simply can’t.
Schrade SCHF9 Knife Review – Final Thoughts
- DIMENSIONS: 7.9 inch (20 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.4 inches (8.6 cm) and a weight of 6 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 8Cr13MoV Stonewashed High Carbon Stainless Steel with a black, G-10 handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient multi-carry Kydex belt sheath making it ideal for everyday carry
Nobody said you had to spend a lot of money to get a quality knife. And the Schrade SCHF9 proves just that. This knife is made of carbon steel and with a steady full tang construction so you’ll be ready for anything that comes your way.
Saving yourself money anywhere you can is all part of savvy prepping. And it doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice on quality. So, go out and get yourself a Schrade SCHF9 Knife.